If you love peanut butter, you’ll love these soft and chewy peanut butter cookies. This classic recipe is quick and easy to make with just a few simple ingredients. Perfect for sharing with friends and family, or just enjoying as a delicious treat for yourself.
|Unsalted butter softened
|Creamy peanut butter
|White granulated sugar
|Brown sugar, packed
|1 1/4 cups
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, white granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Use a fork to flatten each cookie slightly and create a criss-cross pattern on the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centers are set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade peanut butter cookies!
- For a crunchier texture, try adding chopped peanuts to the dough.
- If you prefer a sweeter cookie, increase the amount of white granulated sugar.
- If you don’t have creamy peanut butter, you can use chunky instead.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.