Enjoy this delicious and creamy Crab Mac and Cheese recipe as a main dish or as a side dish. The combination of crab meat, cheese, and spices creates a rich and flavorful twist on a classic dish that will leave your taste buds satisfied.
|Elbow macaroni||1 pound|
|Unsalted butter||4 tablespoons|
|All-purpose flour||4 tablespoons|
|Whole milk||4 cups|
|Cheddar cheese||2 cups|
|Parmesan cheese||2 cups|
|Dry mustard powder||1 teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 teaspoon|
|Fresh crab meat||1 pound|
- Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and stir constantly for 2-3 minutes until the mixture becomes smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Add the cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, mustard powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper, and stir until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the crab meat and macaroni, and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9×13-inch baking dish and sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden and the edges are crispy.
- Let the Crab Mac and Cheese cool for 5 minutes before serving.