The crab roll is a staple of New England cuisine, featuring juicy and succulent crab meat combined with tangy mayo, celery, and seasonings, all served on a toasted hot dog bun. This simple but flavorful sandwich is perfect for a summer lunch or as a light dinner, and it’s a great way to enjoy the taste of fresh crab meat without the fuss of cracking shells.
|Fresh crab meat||1 lb|
|Celery||1/4 cup, diced|
|Lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 tsp|
|Dry mustard||1 tsp|
|Old Bay Seasoning||1 tsp|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
|Hot dog buns||4|
|Butter||1/4 cup, melted|
- Pick through the crab meat to remove any shells or cartilage, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, celery, lemon juice, parsley, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir in the crab meat until well combined.
- Preheat a griddle or large pan over medium heat.
- Split each hot dog bun lengthwise, brush with butter, and place on the griddle or in the pan, cut side down. Toast until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon the crab mixture onto the toasted buns, filling each one generously. Serve hot.