Lobster Thermidor is a luxurious dish that is perfect for special occasions or just a fancy night in. The rich and creamy sauce combined with succulent lobster meat and a crispy breadcrumb topping creates a delightful harmony of flavors and textures. This classic French recipe is surprisingly easy to make, so let’s get started!
|Lobsters||4 (1-1.5 lb each)|
|Unsalted Butter||2 tablespoons|
|Dry White Wine||1 cup|
|Heavy Cream||2 cups|
|Grated Parmesan Cheese||1 cup|
|Dijon Mustard||1 teaspoon|
|Dried Thyme||1 teaspoon|
|Chopped Parsley||1/4 cup|
- Boil the lobsters in a large pot of salted water for 8-10 minutes or until they are cooked through. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Remove the meat from the lobsters and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and reserved lobster cooking liquid to the saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- Stir in the heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, Dijon mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the lobster meat and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a large baking dish. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the top.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve hot and garnished with parsley.
Enjoy this decadent and delicious Lobster Thermidor recipe! The perfect dish for any special occasion, this recipe is sure to impress your guests. Don’t forget to serve it with a glass of dry white wine to complement the flavors.