Crispy and Delicious Orange Roughy Recipe
Orange roughy, also known as deep sea perch, is a delicate white fish with a mild flavor and flaky texture. This recipe for orange roughy is easy to follow and results in a crispy and delicious fish that is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. The fish is coated in a seasoned flour mixture, then sautéed in butter until golden brown and crispy.
|Orange roughy fillets||4|
|All-purpose flour||1 cup|
|Garlic powder||1 tsp|
|Onion powder||1 tsp|
|Black pepper||1 tsp|
|Lemon wedges||for serving|
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Dredge the orange roughy fillets in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Once the butter is hot, add the orange roughy fillets to the skillet.
- Cook the fillets for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the orange roughy fillets from the skillet and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve the orange roughy fillets with lemon wedges and enjoy!
Orange roughy is a delicate white fish with a mild flavor and flaky texture. This recipe for orange roughy is easy to follow and results in a crispy and delicious fish that is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. Serve this dish with lemon wedges for a perfect balance of flavors.