Creamy Lobster Mac and Cheese: A Luxurious Twist on a Classic Comfort Food
This decadent lobster mac and cheese is the ultimate comfort food. The succulent lobster meat pairs perfectly with the rich, creamy cheese sauce and the crispy panko bread crumbs. Serve it as a main course or as a side dish to elevate your next seafood feast.
|Cooked lobster meat||1 lb|
|Elbow macaroni||1 lb|
|Unsalted butter||4 tbsp|
|All-purpose flour||1/4 cup|
|Whole milk||2 cups|
|Heavy cream||2 cups|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 cups|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||1 cup|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||1/4 cup|
|Dry mustard powder||1 tsp|
|Salt and pepper||To taste|
|Panko bread crumbs||1/4 cup|
- Cook the macaroni according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2 minutes to make a roux.
- Gradually add the milk and cream, while continuing to whisk, until the mixture comes to a simmer and thickens.
- Stir in the cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheese until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Stir in the dry mustard powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cooked macaroni and lobster meat to the cheese sauce, and mix well to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with panko bread crumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the bread crumbs are golden brown and the mac and cheese are bubbly.