Oatmeal raisin cookies are a classic treat that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a sweet snack or a dessert to impress your friends and family, this recipe is sure to please. These cookies are soft and chewy, with the perfect balance of sweet raisins and hearty oats. Plus, they’re easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
|Unsalted butter softened||1 cup|
|White granulated sugar||1 cup|
|Brown sugar, packed||1 cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|All-purpose flour||2 cups|
|Baking soda||1 tsp|
|Old-fashioned rolled oats||1 1/2 cups|
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually mix the flour mixture into the butter mixture until just combined.
- Stir in the oats and raisins.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centers are set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade oatmeal raisin cookies!
- For a crunchier texture, try adding chopped nuts to the dough.
- If you prefer a softer cookie, reduce the baking time by 1-2 minutes.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.