Almond biscotti is a classic Italian cookie that’s perfect for dipping into coffee or tea. These crunchy cookies are easy to make and can be stored for weeks, making them a great option for homemade gifts or a sweet treat to enjoy throughout the day. Follow this recipe for delicious and crunchy almond biscotti.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract together until well combined.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until a thick dough forms.
- Mix in the slivered almonds until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a flat log, about 12 inches long and 2 inches wide.
- Place the logs onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the logs are lightly golden and firm to the touch.
- Remove the logs from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the logs into slices, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Arrange the slices onto the baking sheet, cut side down, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until they are lightly golden and crispy.
- Allow the biscotti to cool completely on a wire rack before serving or storing.
- For a sweeter biscotti, you can add 1/2 cup of dried cranberries or chocolate chips to the dough.
- Store the biscotti in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.