Chocolate chip cookies are a classic dessert that never goes out of style. The combination of sweet, buttery dough and chunks of chocolate makes them irresistible. This recipe is the perfect way to make chocolate chip cookies from scratch. With a few simple ingredients and some easy steps, you can have fresh, homemade cookies in no time.
|All-purpose flour||2 1/4 cups|
|Baking soda||1 tsp|
|Unsalted butter softened||1 cup|
|White granulated sugar||3/4 cup|
|Brown sugar, packed||3/4 cup|
|Vanilla extract||2 tsp|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||2 cups|
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs individually, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centers are set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade chocolate chip cookies!
- Make sure your butter is softened but not melted for the best results.
- If you prefer, you can use milk chocolate or dark chocolate chips instead of semisweet.
- For an extra chewy texture, try adding a tablespoon of cornstarch to the flour mixture.
- If you want to make smaller cookies, use a smaller cookie scoop and adjust the baking time accordingly.
Making homemade chocolate chip cookies is easier than you might think, and the results are well worth it. With this simple recipe, you can have fresh, delicious cookies in no time. Perfect for sharing with friends and family, or just enjoying as a treat for yourself. Give it a try and see just how delicious these cookies can be.