Lobster Pot Pie: A Hearty and Flavorful Recipe with a Tasty Twist
Enjoy your delicious lobster pot pie! This hearty and flavorful dish is sure to impress your guests with its tasty twist on classic comfort food. The tender chunks of lobster are perfectly complemented by the rich and creamy filling, while the flaky puff pastry adds a crisp and buttery texture. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply looking for a new twist on a classic dish, this lobster pot pie is sure to be a hit.
|Cooked lobster meat, chopped||1 lb.|
|Unsalted butter||3 tbsp.|
|Small onion, diced||1|
|Stalks of celery, diced||3|
|Carrots, peeled and diced||3|
|Cloves garlic, minced||2|
|Chicken stock||2 cups|
|Heavy cream||1 cup|
|Dried thyme||1 tsp.|
|Dried parsley||1 tsp.|
|Dried basil||1 tsp.|
|Black pepper||1/2 tsp.|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||2 tbsp.|
|Frozen puff pastry, thawed||2 sheets|
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrots, and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the vegetables and stir to combine. Gradually add chicken stock, whisking constantly until smooth. Stir in heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add thyme, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Stir in lobster meat and cook until heated through about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie dish. Roll out one sheet of puff pastry to cover the top of the dish. Cut a small slit in the center of the pastry to allow steam to escape. Brush with beaten egg.
- Repeat with the remaining sheet of puff pastry and place over the top of the pie. Brush with remaining egg.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is hot and bubbly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.