Fish tacos are a popular dish in many parts of the world, particularly in Mexico and the American Southwest. It’s a delicious and healthy option for traditional beef or chicken tacos, and it’s easy to make at home. This recipe uses a combination of traditional Mexican spices and toppings to create a flavorful and satisfying dish.
|Fish fillet||1 lb|
|All-purpose flour||1/2 cup|
|Chili powder||1 tsp|
|Cumin powder||1 tsp|
|Garlic powder||1/4 tsp|
|Onion powder||1/4 tsp|
|Dried oregano||1/4 tsp|
|Black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||for frying|
|Shredded cabbage or lettuce||1/2 cup|
|Diced tomatoes||1/2 cup|
|Diced onions||1/4 cup|
|Diced cilantro||1/4 cup|
|Diced avocado||1/4 cup|
|Diced lime wedges||1/4 cup|
1/2 cup of shredded cabbage or lettuce
1/2 cup of diced tomatoes
1/4 cup of diced onions
1/4 cup of diced cilantro
1/4 cup of diced avocado
1/4 cup of diced lime wedges
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, chili powder, cumin powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Dip the fish fillets in the milk, then coat them in the flour mixture, pressing the mixture onto the fish to adhere.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the fish fillets and fry for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave or on a skillet.
- Assemble the tacos by placing a piece of fish on each tortilla, then add the toppings of your choice.
- Serve the fish tacos with lime wedges and enjoy!
These fish tacos are a perfect way to make a flavorful and satisfying dish at home. It’s easy to follow and delicious. Feel free to adjust the number of spices to suit your taste. This recipe is perfect for fish lovers, it’s simple, easy to follow, and delicious.
Serve it with lime wedges and enjoy your fish tacos.