Crispy and Delicious Fried Catfish Recipe
Fried catfish is a classic dish that is popular in the southern United States. It is made by coating catfish fillets in a seasoned cornmeal mixture and then deep-frying them until they are golden brown and crispy. This recipe is easy to follow and will result in perfectly fried catfish that is delicious and satisfying.
|All-purpose flour||1 cup|
|Garlic powder||1 tsp|
|Onion powder||1 tsp|
|Black pepper||1 tsp|
|Vegetable oil||for deep frying|
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, cornmeal, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place the catfish fillets in a separate shallow dish and pour the buttermilk over them.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or a large, deep saucepan to 350°F (175°C).
- Dredge the catfish fillets in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Carefully place the fillets into the hot oil and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the catfish from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Serve the fried catfish with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Fried catfish is a classic dish that is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a casual get-together with friends. The key to making this dish is to use fresh and high-quality catfish and not overcook it.