Pan-seared scallops are a luxurious and delicious seafood dish that is surprisingly easy to make at home. This recipe will show you how to achieve a crispy, golden crust on the outside and a tender, succulent interior. Serve them as an appetizer or entree with some sides, and you’ll have a restaurant-worthy dish in no time.
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Lemon wedges||for serving|
|Fresh parsley or chives||(optional)|
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the olive oil and butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the scallops to the skillet.
- Cook the scallops for 2-3 minutes on one side, or until they have a golden brown crust.
- Flip the scallops and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the scallops from the skillet and place them on a plate.
- Serve the scallops with lemon wedges and garnish with fresh parsley or chives, if desired.
Pan-seared scallops are a delicious and elegant dish that is perfect for a special occasion or a quick weeknight dinner.