Prawn Paella is a traditional Spanish dish that is both flavorful and satisfying. This recipe for authentic prawn paella is a delicious and easy way to enjoy this seafood. The combination of plump prawns, saffron-infused rice, and a variety of vegetables and spices creates a dish that is sure to impress.
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Red bell pepper, sliced||1|
|Arborio rice||1 cup|
|Seafood or chicken broth||2 cups|
|Saffron threads||1/4 teaspoon|
|White wine||1/4 cup|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Lemon wedges||for serving|
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the red bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the rice and stir to coat the rice in the oil.
- Add the paprika, saffron threads, and white wine, and stir until the wine is absorbed.
- Slowly add the broth, a cup at a time, stirring constantly until the liquid is absorbed before adding the next cup.
- Add the peas and stir
- Turn the heat to low and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for 18-20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the prawns and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Serve the paella in bowls with lemon wedges on the side.