Creamy Prawn Risotto Recipe
Prawn risotto is a classic Italian dish that is both comforting and delicious. This recipe for creamy prawn risotto is a delicious and easy way to enjoy this seafood. The combination of plump prawns, creamy risotto, and flavorful herbs and spices creates a dish that is sure to impress.
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Arborio rice||1 cup|
|Chicken broth||3 cups|
|White wine||1/4 cup|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||1/4 cup|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp|
|Dried oregano||1 tsp|
|Dried thyme||1 tsp|
|Salt and pepper||to taste|
|Fresh parsley||for garnish|
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the rice and stir to coat the rice in the oil.
- Add the white wine and stir until the wine is absorbed.
- Slowly add the chicken broth, a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly until the liquid is absorbed before adding the next ladleful.
- Cook the risotto for 18-20 minutes or until the rice is tender and creamy.
- Stir in the prawns, butter, Parmesan cheese, oregano, thyme, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Serve the risotto in bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
Prawn risotto is a classic Italian dish that is both comforting and delicious. This recipe for creamy prawn risotto is a delicious and easy way to enjoy this seafood. The creamy risotto is made by slowly adding chicken broth to Arborio rice and stirring constantly until it reaches a creamy consistency. The prawns are then added along with butter, Parmesan cheese, herbs, and spices to give them a rich and flavorful taste. The dish is finished with a sprinkle of fresh parsley for garnish.