Refreshing and Tangy Lemon Pudding Recipe for a Summertime Treat
Lemon pudding is a delightful dessert that is perfect for summertime. This refreshing and tangy treat is easy to make and is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. In this article, we will share a delicious lemon pudding recipe that is sure to become a new favorite in your household.
|Granulated sugar||1 cup|
|Fresh lemon juice||1/2 cup|
|Unsalted butter||2 tbsp|
|Lemon zest||1 tbsp|
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in the water until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they’re well beaten. Gradually add 1 cup of the hot sugar mixture to the eggs, whisking constantly to temper the eggs.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining sugar mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens and comes to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, butter, and lemon zest.
- Pour the pudding into a serving bowl or individual dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until the pudding is set.
- Serve the lemon pudding chilled, topped with whipped cream or fresh berries if desired.
- Use fresh lemon juice and zest for the best flavor.
- Be sure to stir the pudding constantly to prevent it from burning or sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- For a thicker pudding, use an extra tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Add a few drops of yellow food coloring for a brighter color.