Tapioca pudding is a classic dessert that has been around for generations. This sweet and creamy treat is a favorite among dessert lovers and is perfect for any occasion. In this article, we will share a delicious tapioca pudding recipe that is sure to become a new favorite in your household.
|Small pearl tapioca||1/2 cup|
|Whole milk||2 cups|
|Heavy cream||1/2 cup|
|Granulated sugar||1/3 cup|
|Vanilla extract||1 tsp|
- Soak the tapioca pearls in water for at least 30 minutes. Drain the water and set the tapioca aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, cream, sugar, and salt. Heat the mixture over medium heat until it begins to steam, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg until it’s well beaten. Gradually add 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture to the egg, whisking constantly to temper the egg.
- Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining milk mixture, stirring constantly. Add the tapioca pearls and continue to cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until the tapioca pearls become transparent and the pudding thickens. Be sure to stir frequently to prevent the tapioca from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Let the pudding cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the tapioca pudding warm or chilled, topped with whipped cream or your favorite toppings.
- Be sure to soak the tapioca pearls before cooking to ensure they cook evenly.
- Stir the pudding frequently while cooking to prevent the tapioca from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- For a creamier texture, you can use all heavy cream instead of whole milk.
- Add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg for a flavorful twist.