How to Make Chicken Piccata: A Delicious and Easy Italian Recipe
Chicken Piccata is a classic Italian dish that combines tender chicken cutlets with a tangy and savory sauce made with lemon, butter, and capers. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion, and it only takes a few simple ingredients to make. In this article, we’ll share with you the steps to make this delicious Chicken Piccata recipe.
|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts||4|
|All-purpose flour||1/2 cup|
|Black pepper||To taste|
|Unsalted butter||4 tbsp|
|Olive oil||4 tbsp|
|Chicken broth||1/2 cup|
|Fresh lemon juice||1/4 cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1/4 cup|
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then dredge them in flour until coated evenly.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When the butter is foaming, add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and set them aside on a plate.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers to the skillet. Bring the mixture to a boil and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and whisk in the remaining butter until it’s melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and spoon the sauce over it. Simmer for 2-3 minutes until the chicken is heated through and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce spooned over it, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
This Chicken Piccata recipe is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. It’s easy to make but has a sophisticated and delicious flavor that will impress anyone. Enjoy!