Hearty and Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe for a Cozy Night In
If you’re looking for a warm and comforting meal for a cozy night in, try making a batch of turkey chili. This recipe is perfect for a cold winter night, and it’s also a great option for a healthy and filling dinner. In this article, we’ll share with you a delicious and easy Turkey Chili recipe that you can make in just under an hour.
|Ground turkey||1 lb|
|Olive oil||1 tbsp|
|Onion, chopped||1 large|
|Garlic, minced||3 cloves|
|Red bell pepper, chopped||1|
|Green bell pepper, chopped||1|
|Jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped||2|
|Chili powder||2 tbsp|
|Ground cumin||1 tbsp|
|Black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz can||1|
|Black beans rinsed and drained, 15.5 oz can||1|
|Kidney beans, rinsed and drained, 15.5 oz can||1|
|Fresh cilantro, chopped||1/4 cup|
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the ground turkey and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add the onion, garlic, red and green bell peppers, and jalapeno peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Stir to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, and water to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the chili hot, garnished with fresh cilantro.
This Turkey Chili recipe is not only delicious, but it’s also a healthy and hearty meal option. It’s packed with protein and fiber, and it’s low in fat and calories. Plus, it’s easy to customize with your favorite toppings like shredded cheese, sour cream, or avocado. Try making this recipe for your next cozy night in, and enjoy!