If you’re looking for a healthy and tasty meal that’s easy to prepare, whole wheat pasta with vegetables is a great option. Whole wheat pasta is a good source of fiber and other essential nutrients, while the vegetables add color, flavor, and nutrition to the dish. In this article, we’ll share a recipe for whole wheat pasta with vegetables that are sure to please your taste buds. Ingredients:
|Whole wheat pasta
|Red onion, chopped
|Bell pepper, chopped
|Cherry tomatoes halved
|Fresh basil, chopped
|Salt and pepper, to taste
|Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Cook the whole wheat pasta according to the package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped red onion to the skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the chopped bell pepper, diced zucchini, and halved cherry tomatoes to the skillet and continue to sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chopped fresh basil to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drain the cooked pasta and add it to the skillet with the vegetables.
- Toss the pasta and vegetables together until well combined.
- Serve the whole wheat pasta with vegetables hot, topped with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
This whole wheat pasta with the vegetable recipe is a great way to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal. Whole wheat pasta is a good source of fiber and other essential nutrients, and it’s also a good option for people who are trying to cut back on refined carbohydrates. The vegetables in this dish add some extra flavor, color, and nutrition. Red onions are a good source of antioxidants, while bell peppers provide vitamin C and other essential nutrients. Zucchini is a good source of vitamin A, potassium, and other important nutrients, while cherry tomatoes are a good source of lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant.