Halibut steak is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy this versatile fish. This recipe for grilled halibut steak is easy to follow, and perfect for a special occasion or a quick weeknight dinner. The halibut steak is marinated in a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, and herbs, and then grilled to perfection. The result is a tender and flavorful fish that is sure to impress.
|Halibut steaks||4 (6-ounce)|
|Olive oil||1/4 cup|
|Lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Dried thyme||1 tsp|
|Dried basil||1 tsp|
|Black pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Lemon wedges||for serving|
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the halibut steaks in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them. Allow the fish to marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat the grill to high heat.
- Remove the halibut steaks from the marinade, and discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill the halibut steaks for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- Remove from the grill and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the halibut steaks with lemon wedges and enjoy!