Shepherd’s Pie is a classic comfort food that is beloved by many. However, traditional Shepherd’s Pie is typically made with ingredients that are not paleo-friendly. Fortunately, with this Paleo Shepherd’s Pie recipe, you can enjoy a healthy and delicious twist on this classic dish. In this article, we will share with you our easy-to-follow recipe for Paleo Shepherd’s Pie. Ingredients:
|Sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
|Grass-fed ground beef
|Garlic cloves, minced
|Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Boil the chopped sweet potatoes in a pot of water until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are boiling, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until browned, breaking up any large chunks with a spatula.
- Add the chopped carrots to the skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, coconut aminos, dried thyme, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Mix well.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the meat mixture simmer for 5-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Once the sweet potatoes are tender, drain them and mash them with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
- Spread the meat mixture in a baking dish and top with the mashed sweet potatoes.
- Bake the Paleo Shepherd’s Pie in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the sweet potato topping is lightly browned.