Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven, and when combined with ice cream, they create a dessert that is hard to resist. Making Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream from scratch is easier than you might think, and the results are always worth it. In this article, we will share a simple yet delicious recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream that you can make at home.
|Heavy Cream||2 cups|
|Whole Milk||1 cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tsp|
|Cocoa Powder||1/2 cup|
|Creamy Peanut Butter||1/2 cup|
- Heat the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, salt, and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Let the mixture simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks until they become pale yellow.
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, constantly stirring, until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool completely.
- Stir in the creamy peanut butter until it is fully incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours before serving.
That’s it! Your delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream is ready to be served.
- For a chunkier texture, you can add chopped peanuts to the mixture before churning.
- Make sure the peanut butter is at room temperature before adding it to the mixture.