Rigatoni with Sausage and Peppers is a classic Italian pasta dish that’s hearty, flavorful, and easy to make. It’s a great option for a weeknight dinner, as it requires only a few simple ingredients and can be ready in under 30 minutes. In this article, we’ll share an easy-to-follow recipe for Rigatoni with Sausage and Peppers that will become a new family favorite.
|Rigatoni pasta||1 pound|
|Italian sausage||1 pound|
|Bell peppers (sliced)||2|
|Garlic (minced)||3 cloves|
|Crushed tomatoes||1 can (28 ounces)|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Fresh basil||For garnish|
- Cook the rigatoni pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the sliced Italian sausage and cook until browned about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sliced bell peppers, onion, and minced garlic to the skillet. Cook until the vegetables are soft and the sausage is fully cooked about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes to the skillet and stir well. Bring the sauce to a simmer, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Season the sauce with salt to taste.
- Add the cooked rigatoni pasta to the skillet and toss it with the sausage and pepper sauce until it is thoroughly coated.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh basil.
Rigatoni with Sausage and Peppers is a classic Italian pasta dish that’s both hearty and flavorful. The dish is made by sautéing Italian sausage, bell peppers, onion, and garlic in olive oil, then adding crushed tomatoes and letting the sauce simmer until thick and flavorful.