Sometimes I have to wonder how quickly the years move into the country. “The children make you realize how old you are,” my grandma had always said and I never wanted it to be so true. But she was right. At the same time, I do not even think of my son but of my cousin.
She is now over thirty years old and her tree is just as old, her cherry tree, to be exact. My uncle and my aunt planted him for their birth. I also saw him “growing up” and shared my pleasure when he blossomed beautifully in the spring and carried many cherries in the summer. In addition, I also benefited from it and dusted some cherries or plastered them directly on the site.
MY SUMMER FRESH CHEESE DESSERT WITH CHERRIES AND CROQUET
Sweet cherries therefore not only have this wonderful taste for me, which I love very much. No, they also give me a lot of nice memories of many past summers with the Family. That’s why I decided it was time to dedicate a dessert recipe to the cherry itself.
CROQUANT HOMEMADE – EASIER THAN THINKING
Namely my cream cheese dessert with cherries and brittle. Combined with a not-too-heavy cream which I have used, among other cream cheese. Also, it has been irritating me for a very long time even to make brittle, to give a dessert a crunchy note.
In this case my cream cheese dessert with cherries and brittle. For a long time, I thought making brittle is too complicated, but if you take a trick, it’s easy. Namely, the sugar that you put in the pan, literally once to leave alone. In other words, let it melt in a nonstick pan (or pot) without stirring. When it has melted, add some butter until light brown, and then immediately stir in the almonds. That’s it. And if it does not succeed the first time? No matter, just try again.
ALSO TASTES WITH OTHER BERRIES
By the way, you can just change the cherries with cherries and cherries in the fresh cheese dessert with cherries and brittle. It does not matter if sweet cherries or sour cherries. The latter is not so bad either, because they are loaded with sugar. Or you just use completely different fruits of the season.
Cream Cheese Dessert With Cherries & Brittle
PREPARATION 20 minutes PREPARATION 10 minutes TIME TOTAL 30 minutes
THE DESSERT SHOULD COOL FOR AT LEAST 2 HOURS IN THE REFRIGERATOR
FOR THE CROQUANT
- 75 g of sugar
- 7 g butter – about a heaped teaspoon
- 75 g almonds, chopped – or planed or pinched
FOR THE CHERRY DESSERT
- 600 g of sweet cherries, freshly washed and gutted – Alternatively, from the glass (sweet or sour, they are usually sugared) about 730 ml (drain well) or other fruit depending on the season.
- 200 g cream cheese, double cream
- 200 g of whipped cream – of which 100 ml are beaten stiff
- 30 g of powdered sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 1/2 packet of cream stabilizer
- 1 splash of lemon
FOR THE CROCHET
1. The sugar you give in a coated about 20 cm pan (or pot) and let it melt over medium heat. You should not stir so that the sugar can melt evenly.
2. Once the sugar is liquid, you are welcome to stir, add the butter and caramelize light brown.
3. Then you should very quickly put the chopped almonds in the pan, and stir briefly until everything is wrapped in caramel.
4. Now pour the mass on baking paper, with a teaspoon as far as possible to smooth / press. Put another baking paper on the mass and roll it with a rolling pin.
5. When the brittle has cooled you can break it into small pieces.
FOR THE CHERRY DESSERT
1. The Cherries Wash and remove seeds and if they are very large, if appropriate, be halved.
2. For the cream, stir the cream cheese, half of the cream ( 100 ml), powdered sugar, vanilla sugar, and the splash of lemon smooth.
NOTE: For a short while, stir until the mixture does not become too liquid.
3. For The remaining 100 ml cream you hit the half packet of cream stabilizer stiff and boxer shorts them into the cream. Break the brittle into small pieces if you have not done so yet.
4. Now you put in your 4 dessert glasses or a bowl. Start with a layer of cherries, then come the brittle pieces.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Use the amount of brittle as you like, if there is something left you can nibble it later for coffee, for example.
5. On top of it spread the cream and again cherries and brittle pieces.
6. Finish with a layer of cream and keep cool for about 2 hours. Before serving you can use as decoration a cherry and/or some brittle.
7. I wish you a good appetite.
WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
Did you try the recipe once? How do you find it? I am always happy about praise, friendly criticism, or your tips and experiences. Let us stay in the exchange via the comment function below. I would be happy.