Creamy Chocolate Custard Recipe
Ingredients and Preparation
|Cocoa powder||1/2 cup|
|Vanilla extract||1/2 teaspoon|
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the milk, cream, sugar, and salt. Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, cocoa powder, and cornstarch.
- Slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the bowl with the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the custard into a large bowl and cover the surface with plastic wrap. Allow the custard to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.