Crab soup is a delicious and hearty dish that is perfect for colder months. This creamy soup is packed with the fresh flavors of crab meat and a medley of vegetables. This recipe is easy to follow and comes with a perfect ingredient list. Whether you are a seasoned cook or a beginner, this crab soup recipe is sure to impress your family and friends.
|Old Bay seasoning
|Salt and pepper
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, celery, carrots, and garlic to the pot and sauté until the vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes until it becomes a paste.
- Gradually pour in the chicken broth while whisking continuously. Bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the half-and-half, heavy cream, dried thyme, and dried basil. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in the crab meat and cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with a garnish of fresh parsley.
Enjoy your delicious and comforting bowl of crab soup! Whether you serve it as a starter or a main course, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.